It is the scientific and practical approach to computation and its applications. Here you will learn the theories of computation and the various designs of computational systems, including programming.
For more videos click here
To produce knowledge motivated, employable professional engineers capable of making meaningful contribution towards the improvements in theory and practice of computer science and engineering. To create an educational infrastructure that complies with higher general & statutory standards set for technical institutions.
- To impart knowledge using new teaching-learning methodologies and application oriented approaches.
- To increase industry-academics interaction.
- To promote researches of high quality.
- Students will acquire new knowledge.
- Students will get multi dimensional learning opportunities.
- Increasing number of Computer Engineers to meet the growing demands of nation.
- To prepare students to be successfully employed in IT industry.
- To prepare students for administrative jobs.
- To prepare students to become good academician.
- To increase the interest of the students in research.
- To enhance the interest in the students to become self-employed rather than employed.
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering to provide solutions to complex computer engineering problems.
- Analyze complex computer engineering problems using the knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
- Design and develop software, hardware and networking systems in different domains.
- Use different research methods for analysis and interpretation of data to provide valid conclusions.
- Apply modern engineering and IT tools, techniques and resources in complex computer engineering problems.
- Apply the knowledge of computer science & engineering in multidisciplinary projects.
The department provides extensive computing resources for developing software and hardware based projects and performing researches. The department has the following labs:
- Basic Computing Lab I
- Basic Computing Lab II
- Database Management System Lab
- Networking Lab
- Computer Organization Lab
- Microprocessor Lab
The computers of the labs use both Linux and Windows as operating system. All the laboratories are well networked with Internet facilities.
The Government of West Bengal had organized a national level workshop to ensure a Cyber Safe Bengal. It was named ‘Knowledge Exchange on Cyber Security’. The workshop was organised at Biswa Bangla Convention Centre in New Town on March 2018. Prof Sandip Dey and Prof Dhrubajyoti Ghosh accompanied the students. The main objective was to create a blueprint on cyber security. Shri Amit Mitra, the state Finance Minister and Shri Bratya Basu, the state Information Technology (IT) Minister, were present. 3rd year students from Computer Science Deptt attended the workshop. It may be mentioned that the state IT department has taken several measures in the past six years to ensure cyber security in the state. The Cyber Security Centre of Excellence was set up and it was a major step in driving Bengal towards cyber security. The collection, analysis and dissemination of information related to cyber security takes place from this Centre of Excellence. At the same time, necessary tasks during any emergency situation will get coordinated from here and it would also issue guidelines and advisories to avoid even a single cyber attack. It has been learnt that various organizations dealing with cyber security will be discussing the issue to prepare a blueprint according to which cyber security will be further strengthened in the state. Experts from universities were also present at the workshop. This comes at a time when various IT majors have decided to invest further in Bengal. According to a senior official of the state IT department, such initiatives will help to provide further boost to the state’s IT sector. It makes the top brass of the companies feel that there is minimum risk of any cyber attack when there is a Cyber Security Centre of Excellence.
- Coding competition C_ODERS_18 held in March 2018. Students solve interesting Programming problems with C and Java language. Shreyans Mishra, Sourav Patra and Kautav Hazra respectively won the 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions.
- Technical exhibition 2017 held on August 2017 on college premises. Students of B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering implemented projects like Quad Copter, Line Follower Robot, MiniCNC Plotter, All Terrain Vehicle etc. Mini CNC Plotter by Arka Bhoumik won the 1st prize.
- Amit Prasad Rauth, a student of the Department, presented a paper ‘Design and evaluation of Text Pre-Processor – A tool for Text Pre-Processing’ in the International Conference on Advances in Science and Technology – ICAST held in March 2017.
- Arka Bhowmick, a student from the Department, won (i) Overtook (ii) Carb-o-botics competition in Resonance v9 robotics competition in two separate events, at CEMK, Kolaghat, 2017.
- A workshop was organised on ‘Android Application Development’ in August 2017. Students of CSE department participated and developed interesting apps.
- Prof. Piyali De participated in a workshop on ‘Promotion of Spoken Tutorial’ by IIT- Mumbai on 17th February 2017. She also started various courses based on those spoken tutorial for CSE students.
- Prof Saikat Pahari of CSE department presented a paper named “Online review analysis and decision making” at International Conference on Computing, Analytics and Networking (ICCAN 17) at KIIT University, Bhubaneswar.
- Prof. Dhrubajyoti Ghosh presented a paper ‘A Fuzzy Relation Model for Multi Criteria Decision Making Problem’ in ICETC3 in March 2016.
- Students of CSE department secured good marks in NPTEL examination held on September, 2016.
- Department Calendar
ACADEMIC CALENDAR FOR THE YEAR 2017 – 18
Odd Semester For Ensuing New Batch For Continuing Batch 1 Commencement of Academic Programme 8th August, 2017 CE 2 Workshop on “Android Application Development”. — 1st – 5th August, 2017 3 Admission activities (for ensuing new students) will be completed by 16th August, 2017 N.A. 4 Registration activities (for ensuing newly admitted students for the session 2016-17) will be completed by 15th September, 2017 N.A. 5 First Test Slot 12th – 14th October, 2017 12th – 14th October, 2017 6 Second Test Slot 14th – 18th November, 2017 14th – 18th November, 2017 7 Semester Practical Exam 21st – 30th November, 2017 21st – 30th November, 2017 8 Semester Theory Examinations 5th – 23rd December, 2017 6th – 23rd December, 2017 9 Inter Semester Break 24th December, 2017 – 11th January, 2018 24th December, 2017 – 11th January, 2018 Even Semester For continuing batch 1 Commencement of Academic Programme 11th January, 2018 2 One Day seminar on “Advances in computing” 15th January, 2018 3 First Test Slot 7th – 14th March, 2018 4 Online workshop on “Advance JAVA” conducted by Spoken Tutorial of IIT Bombay. 3rd – 7th April, 2018 5 Second Test Slot 2nd – 8th May 2018 6 Semester Practical Examination 9th – 16th May, 2018 7 Theory Examination 22nd May – 9th June, 2018 8 Inter Semester Break 12th June – 12th July, 2018 During Inter-Semester Break, students will undergo Practical Training in various referred Industries.
Students of CSE department are working in reputed companies like TCS, CTS, Amazon, Mphasis, Fujitsu etc. From the batch of 2017-2018, several students have been placed in Innoraft Solutions, Rahul Telematic & Software Technology Limited, NRGEN, Genpact and other reputed organizations.
- Arka Bhoumick, Rohit Dhara and Tania Roy of 4th year CSE have started working with reputed companies before completion of their course in 2017-18.
- Many of our students have also gone in for higher studies at premier institutions. Currently Rituparna Majhi is pursuing M.Tech at Jadavpur University. Our former student Ashish Mishra passed MBA from Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Delhi and Antara Pal passed M.Tech from NIT, Durgapur in 2017.
- Faculty members of CSE department are engaged with journal publication and reviewing process on regular basis. Prof Saikat Pahari achieved Outstanding Reviewer from Elsevier publisher, Netherland in 2017.
- Spoken Tutorial Project of IIT, Mumbai, is an initiative of National Mission on Education through ICT, MHRD, and Government of India to motivate teaching and learning of various Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) like Linux, Scilab, Perl LaTeX, PHP & MySQL, Java, C/C++, LibreOffice etc. with the help of an easy Video tool across India.
(i) 30 students of 1st year had enrolled for C & CPP Program and among them 13 students have achieved Training Completion Certificate from IIT Mumbai.
(ii) 26 students of 2nd year had enrolled for Advance C Program and all of them have achieved Learner Certificate from IIT Mumbai.
(iii) 23 students of 3rd year had enrolled for Advance C Program and all of them have achieved Learner Certificate from IIT Mumbai.
(iv) 13 students of 4th year had enrolled for PERL Program and among them 6 students have achieved Training Completion Certificate from IIT Mumbai.
- Faculty Profile
Name Designation Qualification Experience Prof. Dipankar Hazra Teacher-In-Charge MTech 19 years Prof. Saikat Pahari Assistant Professor MTech 14 years Dr. Sandip De Assistant Professor PhD 14 years Dr. Dhrubajyoti Ghosh Assistant Professor PhD 5 years Prof. Piyali De Assistant Professor MTech 6 years Prof. Bhabani Sen Assistant Professor MTech 5 years Prof. Soma Saha Assistant Professor MTech 2 years
- Line Follower Robot
- All Terrain Vehicle
- Quad Copter
- Mobile Controlled Robo Car
- Text Processor
- Android Apps
- Web Site
- Arduino Based Automation Etc.
- Seminars & Workshop
Seminars & Workshop
Sl. No. Title Dates Conducted Resource Person 1 Seminar on Recent Trends in Computing 3rd March 2015 Dr. Debashish De,
Mr. Soumen Knarar,
Mr. Vinayak Bandyopadhyay
2 Workshop on Android Application Development 9th June to 13th June 2015 Mr. Rajmohan De Sarkar 3 RoboTryst-2016 Workshop 22nd December, 23rd December, 2015 Mr. Pradeep Kumar Sharma 4 Workshop on ASP.NET 9th August to 13th August 2016 Mr. Rajmohan De Sarkar 5 Workshop on Android Application Development 1st August to 5th August 2017 Mr. Rajmohan De Sarkar
Academic Year – 2016 – 17
Serial No. Name of the faculty Publication name and year ISSN / ISBN Nos / Volume issues Title of the paper 1 Prof. (Dr.) Sandip Dey Applied Soft Computing 2017 Vol. 56, pp. 472 – 513 Efficient quantum inspired meta-heuristics for multi-level true colour image thresholding 2 Applied Soft Computing 2016 Vol. 46, pp. 677 – 702 New quantum inspired meta-heuristic techniques for multi-level colour image thresholding 3 Quantum Inspired Computational Intelligence: Research and Applications, Morgan – Kaufmann 2016 pp. 207 – 232 Quantum Inspired Multi-objective SA for Bi-level Image Thresholding 4 Handbook of Advanced Research on Hybrid Intelligent Techniques and Applications, IGI Global 2016 pp. 349 – 377 Optimum Gray Level Image Thresholding using a Quantum Inspired Genetic Algorithm 5 HMRA 2018: Hybrid Metaheuristics: Research and Applications. RCC Institute of Information Technology. Kolkata, India, April 10, 2018 Proposal submitted Quantum Inspired Non-dominated Sorting Based Multi-objective GA for Multi-level Image Thresholding 6 Prof. Saikat Pahari
Prof. Dhrubajyoti Ghosh
An online review based hotel selection using intuitionistic fuzzy TOPSIS method Accepted ICCAN 2017 7 Fuzzy Relation Model Based Multicriteria Decission Making Model No 14, pp 75 – 79 International Journal of Advanced Engineering & Management
Academic Year – 2015 – 16
Serial No. Name of the faculty Publication name and year ISSN / ISBN Nos / Volume issues Title of the paper 1 Prof. Suvendu Chattaraj Fluctuation and Noise Letters, 2016 Print ISSN : 0219 – 4775 Utilizing time redundancy for particle filter based transfer alignment 2 IEEE xplore digital library CMI, 2015 INSPEC Accession Number: 15804091 Efficient estimation of system states of a poorly modeled 2-D target tracking system using evolutionary strategy based particle filter algorithm 3 IJIRSET, 2015 ISSN (Online) : 2319 – 8753 ISSN (Print) : 2347 – 6710 On Some Design Issues of Electronic Voting Machine 4 IJIRSET, 2015 ISSN (Online) : 2319 – 8753 ISSN (Print) : 2347 – 6710 Design of an Improved E-Auction System 5 Prof. Saikat Pahari International Journal of Research in Computer Science and Management(IJRCSM) ISSN : 2321-8088 Vol.(3),No(2) Study of Matrix Size For Burrows Wheeler Transformation 6 International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering (ICCSE 2016) DOI : 10.1201/9781315375021-31 A framework for personal selection process using Trapezoidal Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets 7 Prof. Dhrubajyoti Ghosh International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering (ICCSE 2016) DOI: 10.1201/9781315375021-31 A framework for personal selection process using Trapezoidal Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets
Academic Year – 2014 – 15
Serial No. Name of the faculty Publication name and year ISSN / ISBN Nos / Volume issues Title of the paper 1 Prof. Suvendu Chattaraj IEEE xplore digital library ICECE, 2014 Print ISBN : 978-1-4799-4167-4 Particle filter based attitude matching algorithm for in-flight transfer alignment 2 Prof. Dhrubajyoti Ghosh National Conference on Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering, IEEE CALCON 2014 A Novel approach to find the Shortest Path of a Network using A* Search Algorithm 3 Prof. Dipankar Hazra Contemporary Engineering Sciences, 2014 ISSN : 1314 – 7641 Vol.7, No.32 Heuristic and Intermediate Features Based Image Retrieval 4 Advances in Information Science & Computer Engineering, 2015 ISBN: 978-1-61804-276-7 Artificial Neural Network based Relevance Feedback for Intermediate Feature based Image Retrieval 5 Prof. (Dr.) Sandip Dey Knowledge – Based Systems, 2014 vol. 67, pp. 373 – 400 Multi-level Thresholding using Quantum Inspired Meta-heuristics 6 Swarm and Evolutionary Computation, 2014 vol.15, pp. 38 – 57 Quantum Inspired Automatic Clustering for Multi-level Image Thresholding”, 7 Proceedings of International Conference On Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks (ICCICN 2014), RCCIIT, Kolkata, India, 2014 pp. 247 – 251 Quantum inspired genetic algorithm and particle swarm optimization using chaotic map model based interference for gray level Image thresholding 8 Proceedings of International Conference On Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks (ICCICN 2014), RCCIIT, Kolkata, India, 2014 pp. 242 – 246 Quantum Behaved Multi-objective PSO and ACO Optimization for Multi-level Thresholding 9 Proceedings of 8th International Conference on Computing for Sustainable Global Development (INDIACom-2014), BVICAM, New Delhi,2014 pp. 311 – 316 New Quantum Inspired Tabu Search for Multi- level Colour Image Thresholding
Academic Year – 2013 – 14
Serial No. Name of the faculty Publication name and year ISSN / ISBN Nos / Volume issues Title of the paper 1 Prof. Suvendu Chattaraj Gyroscopy and navigation, 2013 Print ISSN 2075-1087 Online ISSN 2075-1109 Transfer alignment problem : Algorithms and design issues 2 Prof. (Dr.) Dhrubajyoti Ghosh Annals of Pure and Applied Mathematics (APAM),2013 ISSN : 2279-087X(P), 2279-888(Online), vol. 5 Use of Fuzzy Relational Maps and Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets to Analyze Health Problem of Agricultural Labourers 3 Prof. (Dr.) Sandip Dey Global Trends in Intelligent Computing Research and Development, 2013 pp. 68 – 110 Chaotic Map Model based Interference Employed in Quantum Inspired Genetic Algorithm to Determine the Optimum Gray Level Image Thresholding 4 Proceedings of IEEE Indicon Mumbai, India, 2013 pp. 1 – 6 Quantum Inspired Meta-heuristic Algorithms for Multi-level Thresholding for True Colour Images 5 Proceedings of 2013 International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI),
pp. 1236 – 1240 New Quantum Inspired Meta- heuristic Methods for Multi-level Thresholding
Academic Year – 2012 – 13
Serial No. Name of the faculty Publication name and year ISSN / ISBN Nos / Volume issues Title of the paper 1 Prof. Subhojit Roy Proc. of International Conference on Electrical and Computer Systems (ICECS ‘12) Forecasting time series data using particle swarm optimization 2 International Journal of Computer Applications (0975-8887) on Advance Computing and Communication Technologies for HPC Application , 2012 A Novel Approach of Genetic Algorithm in prediction of Time Series Data 3 Prof. Dhrubajyoti Ghosh CIIT International Journal of Fuzzy Systems, 2012 ISSN 0974-9608 vol. 4, no. 2 Using Fuzzy Cognitive Maps and Fuzzy Relation Equation to Estimate the Peak Hours of the day for Transport System 4 International Journal of Modern Engineering Research (IJMER), 2012 ISSN : 2249-6645, vol. 1, no. 4 Edge Coloring of a Complement Fuzzy Graph
Academic Year – 2011 – 12
Serial No. Name of the faculty Publication name and year ISSN / ISBN Nos / Volume issues Title of the paper 1 Prof. Subhojit Roy Research cell : An international Journal of Engineering science, 2011 ISSN: 2229-6913 Vol.4 An innovative Approach of Tabu Search in Prediction of Pod Yield of Mustard Plant 2 Prof. (Dr.) Dhrubajyoti Ghosh Journal of Multidisciplinary Research Academy(IJMRA), 2011 ISSN : 2249-1058, vol.1, no.6 Using Fuzzy Cognitive Maps and Fuzzy Relational Maps to Analyze Employee-Employer Relationship in an Industry 3 Prof. (Dr.) Sandip Dey Proceedings of International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks (CICN 2011), 2011 pp. 121 – 125 An Efficient Quantum Inspired Genetic Algorithm (QIGA) with a Chaotic Map Model Based Interference and Fuzzy Objective Function for Gray Level Image Thresholding
Academic Year – 2010 – 11
Serial No. Name of the faculty Publication name and year ISSN / ISBN Nos / Volume issues Title of the paper 1 Prof. (Dr.) Sandip Dey Proceedings of 2010 IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Computing Research (ICCIC 2010), Coimbatore, India, 2010 pp. 422 – 425 Determination of Optimal Threshold of a Gray-level Image Using a Quantum Inspired Genetic Algorithm with Interference Based on a Random Map Model
- Special Honors
Prof. Sandip De and Prof. Dhrubajyoti Ghosh were awarded Ph.D. degree in 2016-17.
SGPA for 7th Semester Students
SGPA for 5th Semester Students
SGPA for 3rd Semester Students
SGPA for 1st Semester Students