It is the scientific and practical approach to computation and its applications. Here you will learn the theories of computation and the various designs of computational systems, including programming.
For more videos click here
To produce knowledge motivated, employable professional engineers capable of making meaningful contribution towards the improvements in theory and practice of computer science and engineering. To create an educational infrastructure that complies with higher general & statutory standards set for technical institutions.
- To impart knowledge using new teaching-learning methodologies and application oriented approaches.
- To increase industry-academics interaction.
- To promote researches of high quality.
- Students will acquire new knowledge.
- Students will get multi dimensional learning opportunities.
- Increasing number of Computer Engineers to meet the growing demands of nation.
- To prepare students to be successfully employed in IT industry.
- To prepare students for administrative jobs.
- To prepare students to become good academician.
- To increase the interest of the students in research.
- To enhance the interest in the students to become self-employed rather than employed.
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering to provide solutions to complex computer engineering problems.
- Analyze complex computer engineering problems using the knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
- Design and develop software, hardware and networking systems in different domains.
- Use different research methods for analysis and interpretation of data to provide valid conclusions.
- Apply modern engineering and IT tools, techniques and resources in complex computer engineering problems.
- Apply the knowledge of computer science & engineering in multidisciplinary projects.
The department provides extensive computing resources for developing software and hardware based projects and performing researches. The department has the following labs:
- Basic Computing Lab I
- Basic Computing Lab II
- Database Management System Lab
- Networking Lab
- Computer Organization Lab
- Microprocessor Lab
The computers of the labs use both Linux and Windows as operating system. All the laboratories are well networked with Internet facilities.
- A workshop was organised on ‘ASP.NET with C#’ from 9th August to 13th August, 2016. Students of CSE department participated and developed applications on this technology.
- A seminar was held on ‘Recent Trends in Computing’ on 3rd March 2015. Three guest speakers gave lectures on different topics. Dr. Debashish De (Associate Professor of WBUT) presented a lecture on ‘Mobile Cloud Computing’. Mr. Soumen Knarar (Scientist at Veheretech) made a presentation on ‘Counter Terrorism by Efficient Computing-Case Study Voice Analysis’. The third lecture was on ‘Cloud Computing’ by Mr. Vinayak Bandyopadhyay (Regional Operational Manager-TCS). A poster evaluation competition on ‘Recent Trends in Computing’ was also arranged on that day.
- A workshop was organised on ‘Android Application Development’ from 9th June to 13th June 2015. Students of CSE Department participated and developed applications on the Android software.
- A Robotics competition named RoboTryst organized by Robosapiens Technologies Pvt. Ltd. in association with IIT, Delhi was held in college on 22nd and 23rd December 2015.
- CSE Department of OGI developed ‘Ultrasonic Sensor Based Power Control System using Microcontroller’. This system can automatically provide power supply to the electrical devices depending on existence of person within the room.
- Prof. Saikat Pahari presented a paper ‘A Framework for Personal Selection Process Using Fuzzy Set’ in International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering October 2016.
- Prof. Dhrubajyoti Ghosh presented a paper ‘A Fuzzy Relation Model for Multi Criteria Decision Making Problem’ in ICETC3 in March 2016.
- Amit Prasad Rauth, a student of the Department, presented a paper ‘Design and evaluation of Text Pre-Processor – A tool for Text Pre-Processing’ in the International Conference on Advances in Science and Technology – ICAST held in March 2017.
- Megha Didiwania, Subendhu Bhattacharya, two students of Dept of CSE, published papers in International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, 2015.
- Prof. Piyali De participated in a workshop on ‘Promotion of Spoken Tutorial’ by IIT- Mumbai on 17th February 2017. She also started various courses based on those spoken tutorial for CSE students.
- Students of CSE department secured good marks in NPTEL examination held on September, 2016.
- Prof. Dhrubajyoti Ghosh and Prof. Bhabani Sen participated in Faculty Development Program by TCS iON on 27th July, 2016.
- Students went on Industrial Visit to TCS Gitabitan by TCS iON on 24th October, 2016. Students learnt about different networking concepts.
- Department Calendar
ACADEMIC CALENDAR FOR THE YEAR 2017 – 18
Odd Semester For Ensuing New Batch For Continuing Batch 1 Commencement of Academic Programme 8th August, 2017 CE 2 Workshop on “Android Application Development”. — 1st – 5th August, 2017 3 Admission activities (for ensuing new students) will be completed by 16th August, 2017 N.A. 4 Registration activities (for ensuing newly admitted students for the session 2016-17) will be completed by 15th September, 2017 N.A. 5 First Test Slot 12th – 14th October, 2017 12th – 14th October, 2017 6 Second Test Slot 14th – 18th November, 2017 14th – 18th November, 2017 7 Semester Practical Exam 21st – 30th November, 2017 21st – 30th November, 2017 8 Semester Theory Examinations 5th – 23rd December, 2017 6th – 23rd December, 2017 9 Inter Semester Break 24th December, 2017 – 11th January, 2018 24th December, 2017 – 11th January, 2018 Even Semester For continuing batch 1 Commencement of Academic Programme 11th January, 2018 2 One Day seminar on “Advances in computing” 15th January, 2018 3 First Test Slot 7th – 14th March, 2018 4 Online workshop on “Advance JAVA” conducted by Spoken Tutorial of IIT Bombay. 3rd – 7th April, 2018 5 Second Test Slot 2nd – 8th May 2018 6 Semester Practical Examination 9th – 16th May, 2018 7 Theory Examination 22nd May – 9th June, 2018 8 Inter Semester Break 12th June – 12th July, 2018 During Inter-Semester Break, students will undergo Practical Training in various referred Industries.
Students of CSE department are working in reputed companies like TCS, CTS, Amazon, Mphasis, RJ Software, Vodafone etc. Passed out Students of 2016-2017 are placed in CMS IT Services, Genpact, Ardent Computech Pvt Ltd.
Achievementsi. Spoken tutorial project of IIT Mumbai
Spoken Tutorial Project of IIT, Mumbai, is an initiative of National Mission on Education through ICT, MHRD, Government of India to motivate teaching and learning of various Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) like Linux, Scilab, Perl LaTeX, PHP & MySQL, Java, C/C++, LibreOffice etc. with the help of an easy Video tool across India.
OmDayal Group of Institutions has successfully participated in this year’s project by organizing various training programmes. In this regard, Prof Piyali De had attended a workshop on ‘Spoken Tutorial IIT-Mumbai: Awareness Event’ on 17th February 2017 organized by MAKAUT at Supreme Knowledge Foundation Group of Institutions
Department of Computer Science and Engineering have successfully encouraged all CSE students, from 1st year to 4th year, to participate in this training programme which was carried out by Prof Piyali De (as Organizer), Dr. Sandip Dey (as Invigilator) and Prof Saikat Pahari (as Invigilator).
Brief about this Training Programme
- 30 students of 1st year had enrolled for C & CPP Programme and among them 13 students have achieved Training Completion Certificate from IIT Mumbai.
- 26 students of 2nd year had enrolled for Advance C Programme and all of them have achieved Learner Certificate from IIT Mumbai.
- 23 students of 3rd year had enrolled for Advance C Programme and all of them have achieved Learner Certificate from IIT Mumbai.
- 13 students of 4th year had enrolled for PERL Programme and among them 6 students have achieved Training Completion Certificate from IIT Mumbai.
CSE Department of OGI has plans to organize such training programmes every year.ii. Other Achievements
- Arka Bhowmick, a student from the Department, won (i) overtook (ii) carb-o-botics competition in Resonance v9 robotics competition in two separate events, at CEMK, Kolaghat, 2017.
- Texas Instruments Innovation Challenge India Design Contest 2015 promoted by Texas Instruments and is aimed at promoting IC-based system design among the student community. Subendhu Bhattacharya took part in it and his project ‘Up-gradation of Electronic Voting Machine’ won the appreciation of Texas Instruments. Subendhu proposed some innovative techniques to improve the present EVM and make it more secured from internal and external attacks. The project was mentored by Prof. Saikat Pahari and Prof. Subhojit Roy of CSE Dept. Mr Sanjoy Srivastava, Director of University Program, Texas Instruments India, presented the Certificate of Appreciation to the mentors as well.
- Students of the Department who graduated in the recent past have been placed at reputed orgainsiations like TCS, Accenture, Yodlee, Mphasis, Vodafone, etc.
- Many of our students have also gone in for higher studies. Like – Ashish Mishra has got admission at Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Delhi and Antara Pal has made it to NIT, Durgapur in 2015.
- Faculty Profile
Name Designation Qualification Experience Prof. Dipankar Hazra Teacher-In-Charge MTech 18 years Prof. Saikat Pahari Assistant Professor MTech 13 years Dr. Sandip De Assistant Professor PhD 13 years Dr. Dhrubajyoti Ghosh Assistant Professor PhD 4 years Prof. Piyali De Assistant Professor MTech 5 years Prof. Bhabani Sen Assistant Professor MTech 7 years Prof. Suvojit Roy Assistant Professor MTech 5 years
- Line Follower Robot
- All Terrain Vehicle
- Quad Copter
- Mobile Controlled Robo Car
- Text Processor
- Android Apps
- Web Site
- Arduino Based Automation Etc.
- Seminars & Workshop
Seminars & Workshop
Sl. No. Title Dates Conducted Resource Person 1 Seminar on Recent Trends in Computing 3rd March 2015 Dr. Debashish De,
Mr. Soumen Knarar,
Mr. Vinayak Bandyopadhyay
2 Workshop on Android Application Development 9th June to 13th June 2015 Mr. Rajmohan De Sarkar 3 RoboTryst-2016 Workshop 22nd December, 23rd December, 2015 Mr. Pradeep Kumar Sharma 4 Workshop on ASP.NET 9th August to 13th August 2016 Mr. Rajmohan De Sarkar 5 Workshop on Android Application Development 1st August to 5th August 2017 Mr. Rajmohan De Sarkar
Academic Year – 2016 – 17
Serial No. Name of the faculty Publication name and year ISSN / ISBN Nos / Volume issues Title of the paper 1 Prof. (Dr.) Sandip Dey Applied Soft Computing 2017 Vol. 56, pp. 472 – 513 Efficient quantum inspired meta-heuristics for multi-level true colour image thresholding 2 Applied Soft Computing 2016 Vol. 46, pp. 677 – 702 New quantum inspired meta-heuristic techniques for multi-level colour image thresholding 3 Quantum Inspired Computational Intelligence: Research and Applications, Morgan – Kaufmann 2016 pp. 207 – 232 Quantum Inspired Multi-objective SA for Bi-level Image Thresholding 4 Handbook of Advanced Research on Hybrid Intelligent Techniques and Applications, IGI Global 2016 pp. 349 – 377 Optimum Gray Level Image Thresholding using a Quantum Inspired Genetic Algorithm 5 HMRA 2018: Hybrid Metaheuristics: Research and Applications. RCC Institute of Information Technology. Kolkata, India, April 10, 2018 Proposal submitted Quantum Inspired Non-dominated Sorting Based Multi-objective GA for Multi-level Image Thresholding 6 Prof. Saikat Pahari
Prof. Dhrubajyoti Ghosh
An online review based hotel selection using intuitionistic fuzzy TOPSIS method Accepted ICCAN 2017 7 Fuzzy Relation Model Based Multicriteria Decission Making Model No 14, pp 75 – 79 International Journal of Advanced Engineering & Management
Academic Year – 2015 – 16
Serial No. Name of the faculty Publication name and year ISSN / ISBN Nos / Volume issues Title of the paper 1 Prof. Suvendu Chattaraj Fluctuation and Noise Letters, 2016 Print ISSN : 0219 – 4775 Utilizing time redundancy for particle filter based transfer alignment 2 IEEE xplore digital library CMI, 2015 INSPEC Accession Number: 15804091 Efficient estimation of system states of a poorly modeled 2-D target tracking system using evolutionary strategy based particle filter algorithm 3 IJIRSET, 2015 ISSN (Online) : 2319 – 8753 ISSN (Print) : 2347 – 6710 On Some Design Issues of Electronic Voting Machine 4 IJIRSET, 2015 ISSN (Online) : 2319 – 8753 ISSN (Print) : 2347 – 6710 Design of an Improved E-Auction System 5 Prof. Saikat Pahari International Journal of Research in Computer Science and Management(IJRCSM) ISSN : 2321-8088 Vol.(3),No(2) Study of Matrix Size For Burrows Wheeler Transformation 6 International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering (ICCSE 2016) DOI : 10.1201/9781315375021-31 A framework for personal selection process using Trapezoidal Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets 7 Prof. Dhrubajyoti Ghosh International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering (ICCSE 2016) DOI: 10.1201/9781315375021-31 A framework for personal selection process using Trapezoidal Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets
Academic Year – 2014 – 15
Serial No. Name of the faculty Publication name and year ISSN / ISBN Nos / Volume issues Title of the paper 1 Prof. Suvendu Chattaraj IEEE xplore digital library ICECE, 2014 Print ISBN : 978-1-4799-4167-4 Particle filter based attitude matching algorithm for in-flight transfer alignment 2 Prof. Dhrubajyoti Ghosh National Conference on Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering, IEEE CALCON 2014 A Novel approach to find the Shortest Path of a Network using A* Search Algorithm 3 Prof. Dipankar Hazra Contemporary Engineering Sciences, 2014 ISSN : 1314 – 7641 Vol.7, No.32 Heuristic and Intermediate Features Based Image Retrieval 4 Advances in Information Science & Computer Engineering, 2015 ISBN: 978-1-61804-276-7 Artificial Neural Network based Relevance Feedback for Intermediate Feature based Image Retrieval 5 Prof. (Dr.) Sandip Dey Knowledge – Based Systems, 2014 vol. 67, pp. 373 – 400 Multi-level Thresholding using Quantum Inspired Meta-heuristics 6 Swarm and Evolutionary Computation, 2014 vol.15, pp. 38 – 57 Quantum Inspired Automatic Clustering for Multi-level Image Thresholding”, 7 Proceedings of International Conference On Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks (ICCICN 2014), RCCIIT, Kolkata, India, 2014 pp. 247 – 251 Quantum inspired genetic algorithm and particle swarm optimization using chaotic map model based interference for gray level Image thresholding 8 Proceedings of International Conference On Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks (ICCICN 2014), RCCIIT, Kolkata, India, 2014 pp. 242 – 246 Quantum Behaved Multi-objective PSO and ACO Optimization for Multi-level Thresholding 9 Proceedings of 8th International Conference on Computing for Sustainable Global Development (INDIACom-2014), BVICAM, New Delhi,2014 pp. 311 – 316 New Quantum Inspired Tabu Search for Multi- level Colour Image Thresholding
Academic Year – 2013 – 14
Serial No. Name of the faculty Publication name and year ISSN / ISBN Nos / Volume issues Title of the paper 1 Prof. Suvendu Chattaraj Gyroscopy and navigation, 2013 Print ISSN 2075-1087 Online ISSN 2075-1109 Transfer alignment problem : Algorithms and design issues 2 Prof. (Dr.) Dhrubajyoti Ghosh Annals of Pure and Applied Mathematics (APAM),2013 ISSN : 2279-087X(P), 2279-888(Online), vol. 5 Use of Fuzzy Relational Maps and Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets to Analyze Health Problem of Agricultural Labourers 3 Prof. (Dr.) Sandip Dey Global Trends in Intelligent Computing Research and Development, 2013 pp. 68 – 110 Chaotic Map Model based Interference Employed in Quantum Inspired Genetic Algorithm to Determine the Optimum Gray Level Image Thresholding 4 Proceedings of IEEE Indicon Mumbai, India, 2013 pp. 1 – 6 Quantum Inspired Meta-heuristic Algorithms for Multi-level Thresholding for True Colour Images 5 Proceedings of 2013 International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI),
pp. 1236 – 1240 New Quantum Inspired Meta- heuristic Methods for Multi-level Thresholding
Academic Year – 2012 – 13
Serial No. Name of the faculty Publication name and year ISSN / ISBN Nos / Volume issues Title of the paper 1 Prof. Subhojit Roy Proc. of International Conference on Electrical and Computer Systems (ICECS ‘12) Forecasting time series data using particle swarm optimization 2 International Journal of Computer Applications (0975-8887) on Advance Computing and Communication Technologies for HPC Application , 2012 A Novel Approach of Genetic Algorithm in prediction of Time Series Data 3 Prof. Dhrubajyoti Ghosh CIIT International Journal of Fuzzy Systems, 2012 ISSN 0974-9608 vol. 4, no. 2 Using Fuzzy Cognitive Maps and Fuzzy Relation Equation to Estimate the Peak Hours of the day for Transport System 4 International Journal of Modern Engineering Research (IJMER), 2012 ISSN : 2249-6645, vol. 1, no. 4 Edge Coloring of a Complement Fuzzy Graph
Academic Year – 2011 – 12
Serial No. Name of the faculty Publication name and year ISSN / ISBN Nos / Volume issues Title of the paper 1 Prof. Subhojit Roy Research cell : An international Journal of Engineering science, 2011 ISSN: 2229-6913 Vol.4 An innovative Approach of Tabu Search in Prediction of Pod Yield of Mustard Plant 2 Prof. (Dr.) Dhrubajyoti Ghosh Journal of Multidisciplinary Research Academy(IJMRA), 2011 ISSN : 2249-1058, vol.1, no.6 Using Fuzzy Cognitive Maps and Fuzzy Relational Maps to Analyze Employee-Employer Relationship in an Industry 3 Prof. (Dr.) Sandip Dey Proceedings of International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks (CICN 2011), 2011 pp. 121 – 125 An Efficient Quantum Inspired Genetic Algorithm (QIGA) with a Chaotic Map Model Based Interference and Fuzzy Objective Function for Gray Level Image Thresholding
Academic Year – 2010 – 11
Serial No. Name of the faculty Publication name and year ISSN / ISBN Nos / Volume issues Title of the paper 1 Prof. (Dr.) Sandip Dey Proceedings of 2010 IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Computing Research (ICCIC 2010), Coimbatore, India, 2010 pp. 422 – 425 Determination of Optimal Threshold of a Gray-level Image Using a Quantum Inspired Genetic Algorithm with Interference Based on a Random Map Model
- Special Honors
Prof. Sandip De and Prof. Dhrubajyoti Ghosh were awarded Ph.D. degree in 2016-17.
SGPA for 7th Semester Students
SGPA for 5th Semester Students
SGPA for 3rd Semester Students
SGPA for 1st Semester Students