Department of Computer Science & Engineering
It is the scientific and practical approach to computation and its applications. Here you will learn the theories of computation and the various designs of computational systems, including programming.
For more videos click here
To produce knowledge motivated, employable professional engineers capable of making meaningful contribution towards the improvements in theory and practice of computer science and engineering. To create an educational infrastructure that complies with higher general & statutory standards set for technical institutions.
- To impart knowledge using new teaching-learning methodologies and application oriented approaches.
- To increase industry-academics interaction.
- To promote researches of high quality.
- To prepare students to be successfully employed in IT industry.
- To prepare students for administrative jobs.
- To prepare students to become good academician.
- To increase the interest of the students in research.
- To enhance the interest in the students to become self-employed rather than employed.
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering to provide solutions to complex computer engineering problems.
- Analyze complex computer engineering problems using the knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
- Design and develop software, hardware and networking systems in different domains.
- Use different research methods for analysis and interpretation of data to provide valid conclusions.
- Apply modern engineering and IT tools, techniques and resources in complex computer engineering problems.
- Apply the knowledge of computer science & engineering in multidisciplinary projects.
Faculty & Staff
The department has highly qualified and experienced faculty members from reputed institutions like JU, BESU, CU, KGEC, NIT etc. The faculties are devoted in guiding the students in recent development and research activities. The areas of expertise and research include:
- Sensor Based Model
- Network Security
- Mobile Computing
- Data Mining
- Navigation Algorithm
- Kalman Filtering
- Particle Filtering
- Evolutionary Strategy
- Soft Computing
- Image Processing
The department provides extensive computing resources for developing software and hardware based projects and performing researches. The department has the following labs:
- Computing Lab
- Database Management System Lab
- Networking Lab
- Computer Organization Lab
- Computer Architecture Lab
- Microprocessor Lab
The computers of the labs use both Linux and Windows as operating system. All the laboratories are well networked with Internet facilities.
- A workshop was organised on ‘ASP.NET with C#’ from 9th August to 13th August, 2016. Students of CSE department participated and developed applications on this technology.
- A seminar was held on ‘Recent Trends in Computing’ on 3rd March 2015. Three guest speakers gave lectures on different topics. Dr. Debashish De (Associate Professor of WBUT) presented a lecture on ‘Mobile Cloud Computing’. Mr. Soumen Knarar (Scientist at Veheretech) made a presentation on ‘Counter Terrorism by Efficient Computing-Case Study Voice Analysis’. The third lecture was on ‘Cloud Computing’ by Mr. Vinayak Bandyopadhyay (Regional Operational Manager-TCS). A poster evaluation competition on ‘Recent Trends in Computing’ was also arranged on that day.
- A workshop was organised on ‘Android Application Development’ from 9th June to 13th June 2015. Students of CSE Department participated and developed applications on the Android software.
- A Robotics competition named RoboTryst organized by Robosapiens Technologies Pvt. Ltd. in association with IIT, Delhi was held in college on 22nd and 23rd December 2015.
- CSE Department of OGI developed ‘Ultrasonic Sensor Based Power Control System using Microcontroller’. This system can automatically provide power supply to the electrical devices depending on existence of person within the room.
- Prof. Saikat Pahari presented a paper ‘A Framework for Personal Selection Process Using Fuzzy Set’ in International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering October 2016.
- Prof. Dhrubajyoti Ghosh presented a paper ‘A Fuzzy Relation Model for Multi Criteria Decision Making Problem’ in ICETC3 in March 2016.
- Amit Prasad Rauth, a student of the Department, presented a paper ‘Design and evaluation of Text Pre-Processor – A tool for Text Pre-Processing’ in the International Conference on Advances in Science and Technology – ICAST held in March 2017.
- Megha Didiwania, Subendhu Bhattacharya, two students of Dept of CSE, published papers in International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, 2015.
- Prof. Piyali De participated in a workshop on ‘Promotion of Spoken Tutorial’ by IIT- Mumbai on 17th February 2017. She also started various courses based on those spoken tutorial for CSE students.
- Students of CSE department secured good marks in NPTEL examination held on September, 2016.
- Prof. Dhrubajyoti Ghosh and Prof. Bhabani Sen participated in Faculty Development Program by TCS iON on 27th July, 2016.
- Students went on Industrial Visit to TCS Gitabitan by TCS iON on 24th October, 2016. Students learnt about different networking concepts.
AchievementsSuccess at Spoken Tutorial Project of IIT, Mumbai
Spoken Tutorial Project of IIT, Mumbai, is an initiative of National Mission on Education through ICT, MHRD, Government of India to motivate teaching and learning of various Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) like Linux, Scilab, Perl LaTeX, PHP & MySQL, Java, C/C++, LibreOffice etc. with the help of an easy Video tool across India.
OmDayal Group of Institutions has successfully participated in this year’s project by organizing various training programmes. In this regard, Prof Piyali De had attended a workshop on ‘Spoken Tutorial IIT-Mumbai: Awareness Event’ on 17th February 2017 organized by MAKAUT at Supreme Knowledge Foundation Group of Institutions
Department of Computer Science and Engineering have successfully encouraged all CSE students, from 1st year to 4th year, to participate in this training programme which was carried out by Prof Piyali De (as Organizer), Dr. Sandip Dey (as Invigilator) and Prof Saikat Pahari (as Invigilator).
Brief about this Training Programme
- 30 students of 1st year had enrolled for C & CPP Programme and among them 13 students have achieved Training Completion Certificate from IIT Mumbai.
- 26 students of 2nd year had enrolled for Advance C Programme and all of them have achieved Learner Certificate from IIT Mumbai.
- 23 students of 3rd year had enrolled for Advance C Programme and all of them have achieved Learner Certificate from IIT Mumbai.
- 13 students of 4th year had enrolled for PERL Programme and among them 6 students have achieved Training Completion Certificate from IIT Mumbai.
CSE Department of OGI has plans to organize such training programmes every year.
Certificates of 1st Year
AHARNA LAHA Download ALOK LAHA Download ANKAN GHOSH Download JOYJEET MAJUMDER Download KUSHAL MUKHERJEE Download MD. SADDAM HUSSAIN Download MD. SARFARAZ ANSARI Download RAJASREE CHAUDHURI Download RAKTIM KANTI BHOWMICK Download SOUMILI KOLEY Download SOURAV PATRA Download SUKHAMOY SAMANTA Download VISHAL GHOSH Download
Certificates of 2nd Year
ABHISHEK CHATTERJEE Download AKASH NAYAK Download AKASH YADAV Download AKASH GUPTA Download ANANDMAYEE MAITY Download ANISA AFRIN Download ARNAB DEY Download AYAN BASU Download BHASKAR BASAK Download BIKASH KUMAR Download BIKASH GHORAI Download CUPID CHAKMA Download KAPIL AHMED Download KAUSTAV HAZRA Download PRATIBHA SAH Download PRIYA MALIK Download RIYA GUPTA Download SHREYANS MISHRA Download SHUDDHASATTWA CHATTARJEE Download SHWETA LAL Download SOUMYASRI GHORAI Download SUMANA BANERJEE Download SUSHOBHAN PARAI Download VIKASH KUMAR Download VISHAL INARKAR Download VIVEK VAIBHAV SHANDILYA Download
Certificates of 3rd Year
AMITA BHOWMICK Download ANUSHREE SARKAR Download ARINDAM DAS Download ARKA BHOWMICK Download KHUSBOO KAMTI Download KRISHANU KANGSA BANIK Download MADHUMITA NANDY Download MANISHA SOREN Download MD. FAIZ ALI Download NISHA FARHIN Download PRIYA DAS Download RAJARSHI CHAKRABORTY Download RAJAT GUPTA Download ROHIT DHARA Download SIDDHARTHA BARUI Download SK. ASFAQUE HOSSAIN Download SOURAV ADAK Download SOURAV KUMAR DAS Download SURAJIT KAR Download SUTAPA SAHA Download TANIA ROY Download TRALINI DAS Download VARSHA DAS Download
Certificates of 4th YearOther Achievements
- Prof. Sandip De and Prof. Dhrubajyoti Ghosh were awarded Ph.D. degree in 2016-17.
- Arka Bhowmick, a student from the Department, won (i) overtook (ii) carb-o-botics competition in Resonance v9 robotics competition in two separate events, at CEMK, Kolaghat, 2017.
- Texas Instruments Innovation Challenge India Design Contest 2015 promoted by Texas Instruments and is aimed at promoting IC-based system design among the student community. Subendhu Bhattacharya took part in it and his project ‘Up-gradation of Electronic Voting Machine’ won the appreciation of Texas Instruments. Subendhu proposed some innovative techniques to improve the present EVM and make it more secured from internal and external attacks. The project was mentored by Prof. Saikat Pahari and Prof. Subhojit Roy of CSE Dept. Mr Sanjoy Srivastava, Director of University Program, Texas Instruments India, presented the Certificate of Appreciation to the mentors as well.
- Students of the Department who graduated in the recent past have been placed at reputed orgainsiations like TCS, Accenture, Yodlee, Mphasis, Vodafone, etc.
- Many of our students have also gone in for higher studies. Like – Ashish Mishra has got admission at Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Delhi and Antara Pal has made it to NIT, Durgapur in 2015.