The Department of Architecture at OmDayal Group of Institutions was established to cater to the rising needs of the state in producing more professionals in the field of building industry. The state, with a thriving building industry and a huge market for building materials and further research, was in the need of more competent professionals to serve the industry.
For more videos click here
The vision of Department of Architecture is to organize a profound and more holistic curriculum and develop it in the years to come, with an enlightened faculty, who would not only participate actively but also provide new ways for active learning processes.
The Department envisions (for the next 12 years) producing professionals with more hands on experience and a widened horizon of thinking faculties in the years to come.
The need for proper built form, a more organized city profile and directions for upcoming developments have been felt since long. There is also a need for more established practices to cater to such needs. The learning process needs to be more participatory and interactive. Architecture education should not only be restricted to buildings but also go beyond into developing a sustainable environment. The college curriculum would hence look into diverse needs of the society and a more need based role of the professionals it would be preparing in the years to come.
The objectives of the B.Arch program have been translated into a few learning outcomes which are directly related to the profession. Successful students shall be competent in the following areas and display the ability to:
- Conceptualize creative designs while addressing social, cultural, environmental and technological parameters of the built environment while working collaboratively with various interdisciplinary design teams involved in the building industry.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of architectural history, theory, and practice in the solution of architectural design problems in a global society.
- Employ freehand drawing, architectural graphics, and model building skills in expressing design solutions.
- Utilize the computer as a tool in a wide range of documentation and presentation applications.
- Apply communication skills, both visual and verbal, at various stages of the architectural design and project delivery processes.
- An ability to employ architectural research methods including data collection and analysis to assess and propose improvements in existing built environments.
- Preparing graduates for entry into architecture profession.
- Preparing graduates to apply problem-solving, communication, and reasoning skills, and to have an understanding of economic issues associated with the application of technology in contemporary society.
- Providing a holistic approach to education that extends beyond the bounds of creative, communicative and technical competence.
- Efficient CAD Lab and Material Museum.
- Future planning for Climatology and Acoustics Lab
- Faculty and students have attended International Symposium and Architects’ Conventions every year since 2012.
- Student visit to factory complex of Sintex PVC Tanks at Industrial Growth Centre in Uluberia.
- Continued Student visits to Building Materials exhibitions in Kolkata.
- Publishing yearly Newsletters since 2013-14.
- Organised students’ Annual Educational Tours to various parts of the country since 2013.